The Regional Parks Coordinating Council (RPCC) was established to provide a forum for organizations involved in collaborating on the implementation of the San Antonio River Basin Plan for Nature-Based Park Resources. The RPPC also provides a forum for the coordination of individual or collaborative efforts to improve public park and outdoor recreation opportunities that promote wellness, natural and cultural resource conservation, and ecotourism.
The RPCC has representation from each county of SARA’s four county district, with three member organizations from each county. Each member organization designates a representative to the council. The RPCC currently has a vacancy in each of SARA’s district counties. Please contact Renee Luna at (210) 227-1373 or click here if you or your organization is interested in serving on the RPCC.
Regional Parks Coordinating Council Members
- Land Heritage Institute, Peggy Oppelt
- San Antonio Missions National Historic Park, James B. Oliver
- South San Antonio Chamber of Commerce Eco-Tourism Committee, Sara Beesley
- *Advisory Member – Government Canyon Natural Area, Chris Holm
- Goliad Chamber of Commerce
- Goliad State Park, Brenda Justice
- *The RPCC currently has an open vacancy in Goliad County
- Kenedy Parks Board, Glenna May
- Karnes City Chamber of Commerce, Mely Martinez
- *The RPCC currently has an open vacancy in Karnes County.
- City of La Vernia, Yvonne Griffin
- Wilson County Historical Commission, Gene Maeckel
- Stockdale Economic Development Corporation/City of Stockdale, Banks Akin