Maps, GIS Services, LiDAR, and Imagery
SARA uses GIS data management, data analysis and its visualization in every department of the agency. The use of GIS is that widespread. The SARA GIS Core Group works with all departments providing:
- Technical support to all users
- GIS Software Licensing Maintenance
- Managing the Storage of GIS Data
- Providing Access to GIS Data
- Assist all Users Managing their GIS Data
- Responsible for Managing the Agency’s GIS Data
- Building and Managing GIS Servers, and
- Building and Managing GIS Databases
- Consulting on Website Map Viewers and Application
- Remaining Current with Ever-Evolving Technology
The Core group also produces:
- Electronic and Paper Maps for our Internal and
External Customers, Partners, and Stakeholders
- Web Site Map Viewers and Applications
- LiDAR – Digital Elevation Models
- Aerial Imagery from Satellites, Airplane, and Drones
FAQs or Frequently Asked Questions:
What maps, information, or data is available?
How do I request data?
How do I contact SARAgis?
How do I map my own data?
SARA does not provide mapping outside of the data about the San Antonio River and its watershed but feel free to contact us if you have questions about your map.
Do I live in a FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) Flood Zone?
This is a good question. We are currently working to provide a map on our web site to display this information. This information is not current available from SARA. Please try FEMA:
How can I view my Property Tax records online?
Assessor records are available at the Bexar County Tax Assessor:
What is the elevation of my property?
City of San Antonio Elevation and Terrain Contours information: